I want people to want to go to work and
I want companies to seamlessly retain the awesome talent they have.
When we feel like we’re working toward something tangible that makes a direct impact, we take that positive energy into each work day and create something good for the world. An added bonus? We take that same energy into the rest of our lives - for our children, communities and relationships.
Simply put, workplace fulfillment leads to better outcomes at work and a better world overall. This is why I do what I do.
How Do I Do This?
I’m an avowed anti-hustler, meaning I don’t think you need to ‘hustle hard’ to work hard and do good work. I bring a sane approach to employee engagement at companies and to career development for individuals.
I work in the following ways:
- Immersive programs that fit your company’s exact needs from inception to delivery
- Helping new managers become great leaders
- Engaging lunch and learns or workshops about things you're talking about but no one's acting on
- Executive coaching for senior management, high potential employees and functional teams
- Keynote talks at your company’s leadership summit or event
- Custom built off-site retreats - the limit of what we can do is only our imaginations!
With individuals looking for:
- Help developing or mapping their careers
- A career transition - but they’re not sure what they’d do instead and are feeling lost and untethered
What’s My Secret Sauce?
I possess a unique mix of skills that can impact your organization (or your own career) that you wouldn’t think reside in one person. Most notably I am:
- Strategic and can see big picture AND can also project manage even the smallest details so nothing falls through the cracks - at the same time
- An Instructional Designer with nearly 10 years of experience AND an Executive Coach with 5+ years of experience in the field
- Goal-oriented AND an anti-hustler (meaning I protect you from burnout while you still work hard)
- An independent worker and thinker AND a fiercely selfless no ego collaborator
- A wealth of knowledge AND a tireless listener, researcher and seeker of what I don’t know
- An excellent written and verbal communicator AND a read-between-the-lines empathetic listener
I didn’t always think this way. I’m a former Corporate America Participant, having hustled through my 20s in the fast-paced conference industry at one of the top organizations in the field. It was a tough work environment, and I found myself getting sucked into something that didn’t ring true to my values. Though I was making good money, developing good relationships, and learning a ton, I was ultimately unfulfilled, burned out, and felt like I was fighting through my days.
One (typical) late Wednesday night in late 2011, I was taking the subway home from the office and I caught a glimpse of myself in the window. I looked completely miserable and exhausted, and had even developed a pretty not-rockin’ case of rosacea. And I was only 28.
I knew this wasn’t what I wanted for my life.
So, I quit my job, gave up my apartment in New York, and moved to South America alone. I arrived in Buenos Aires and immediately signed up for an intensive Spanish class. I volunteered at an NGO. I traveled through Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, and Uruguay. I became my best possible self. Oh, and the rosacea disappeared.
I came back home with a greater sense of purpose than I’ve ever felt, and promised to never lose this “best possible self” feeling again. (Real talk: I definitely lose that feeling from time to time, but the difference now is that I know how to find it again when I've gotten off track.) I became dedicated to showing up every day of my life with integrity, intent, and love- with a large dose of humor—and to helping other women do the same.
After 3+ years working privately and in groups with 30-something women to help them get in touch with what will truly make them feel fulfilled, understand what is holding them back, and put plans into action to accomplish those goals, something was still missing. While my clients saw incredible results, I couldn’t help noticing a couple of things:
How much pressure we as women put on ourselves to have everything figured out now.
How difficult it is to make major moves for your professional and personal development when you’re trudging through your day-to-day.
That’s why I founded the Career Passport, a way to literally and figuratively transport yourself to your “best possible self” reality.
The Official Stuff
I am a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC). This means I completed 250+ hours of training and do regular continuing education work to keep being a better coach for my clients. I’m also part of professional organizations like Dreamers//Doers, WBENC, Ellevate Network, Six Degrees Society and others, and this regular interaction with other awesome professionals helps me learn from others and pass that learning onto you. I am also an instructional designer and project manager with 10+ years of experience in both. I graduated magna cum laude from Villanova University with a history, sociology and business degree and I bring that 360-degree global view into my work with my clients and everything I do.
The Fun Stuff
3-4 Year Goal: Own a winery in Argentina or Uruguay and build a retreat center and B&B on the property
Biggest Fear: Being locked inside a banana processing plant (My Kryptonite Food!)
Book That Changed My Life: Essentialism by Greg McKeown & Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
Most Challenging Experience: Completing the four day hike to Machu Picchu
Proudest Moment: Two of 'em: Running my first company engagement program & launching my first retreat!