Episode 019: Making a Career Out of ResistanceSeptember 19, 2017
Episode 021: Tired of the Job Applications Black Hole?October 3, 2017
I’m trying out a new thing, which I like to do every once in awhile, and this one’s totally focused on you.
Ask any career questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and I’m answering them on the show! We also have some listener takes on what they’re dealing with in their careers so check out what Paty has to say about career resistance (check this out at minute 25:51)
For now, I’m dedicating one show a month to your career questions, but I will see how it all shakes out (a good lesson in experimenting for all my entrepreneur friends out there reading this!) and maybe we’ll dedicate some time each episode to a couple of questions.
BUT FIRST, This month, I’m going deep on 4 listener submitted career questions so listen in if any of these are of interest:
- “What if I’ve hit the point where hustling and working my a** off isn’t appealing anymore, and a fully life and domesticity, something I never thought I’d want, IS?” (2:03)
- “What is the best way to explore a promotion or management position you think you’d be good for that doesn’t yet exist in your company?” (7:15)
- “I need help with my resume. I know I can punch it up more but not sure where to start.” (13:57)
- “My friends and clients work in high-pressure jobs that take up all their time and energy. They want out, but don’t feel they have the time or energy to get started. Any suggestions?!?!) (18:31)
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Power of No: BOOK
- NY Magazine’s The Cut article on Ambition
- Rifle Paper Company Notebooks
- Creating Space and How I Show Up Exercises (find out how I guide clients how to do this at minute 18:18)